Re: RFC: roles

From: Andreas Pflug <pgadmin(at)pse-consulting(dot)de>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: RFC: roles
Date: 2005-08-01 13:55:35
Lists: pgadmin-hackers
Dave Page wrote:

> [...]

So we have:
- Groups/Roles and Users as object collection
- Users will contain all roles with LOGIN
- Groups/Roles the rest
- Both will use common dlgRole dialog, with different checkbox settings
for LOGIN
- NOLOGIN roles (in Groups/Roles) have the group icon
- LOGIN roles without kids (pure users) have user icon
- LOGIN roles with kids ('role-user') have group icon
- Guru hint "bad practice" if a LOGIN role is used as role parent

Agreed?

Regards,
Andreas