Re: Updated open items

From: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
To: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Updated open items
Date: 2005-07-30 14:32:45
Lists: pgsql-committers pgsql-hackers

Bruce,

some of the items on your patches list don't seem to contain patches ...

In particular,

. the thread "multibyte regression tests" - If you like you can put a
TODO on the list and put my name against it, but I won't be getting to
it any time soon, and nobody else has done any work on it AFAIK.
. the thread "windows regression failure - prepared xacts" - in another
thread here:
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2005-07/msg00621.php Tom
proposed a possible cause for the problem seen (race conditions in
is_visible() and friends) and several possible solutions, but I am not
sure we ever resolved the issue, did we?

cheers

andrew