Re: Problems storing timestamps with calendars

From: Oliver Jowett <oliver(at)opencloud(dot)com>
To: John Dickson <jdickson(at)dialectsolutions(dot)com>
Cc: "'pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org'" <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Problems storing timestamps with calendars
Date: 2005-07-28 10:14:17
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

John Dickson wrote:

> We've found the same problem with the postgres driver - the versions of
> setTimestamp() and getTimestamp() taking Calendars adjust the timezone
> in the wrong direction.

I have a substantial rewrite of get/setTimestamp() waiting in the wings
that I'm planning to commit shortly. It fixes several problems with the
Calendar-using variants, and also should fix assignment to timestamp
(not timestamptz) columns. Can you send me your testcase so I can check
that it works ok?

-O