Problem with the compilation and running of postgresql

From: Martin Nikolov <nikolov(at)steinx(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Problem with the compilation and running of postgresql
Date: 2005-07-27 12:29:35
Lists: pgsql-admin
Hello,

I have the folowing problem.
The hard discks on the hosting machine, where was our web site, crashed
3 days ago. They have managed to recover all the files from data
directory and they have sended them to me.
I have installed on my test machine (Slackware 10, Kernel: 2.4.26)
PostgreSQL 7.3.9, the same that they have used, but when i copied the
data directory and tried to start posgresql I recieved the following error:
PANIC:  The database cluster was initialized with LC_COLLATE
'en_US.iso885915',
        which is not recognized by setlocale().
        It looks like you need to initdb.
Aborted

As long as I know I have to put some key in configure command. I have
tried with |--enable-nls and ||--enable-recode, but that just did not work.|
Cann you please tell me, how cann I make this work.

Best regards,
Martin Nikolov.

P.S. Sorry for my terrible English.

pgsql-admin by date

Next:From: Guido BarosioDate: 2005-07-27 13:53:23