Re: pg_dump: fix crash on error

From: Neil Conway <neilc(at)samurai(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-patches <pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pg_dump: fix crash on error
Date: 2005-07-27 05:01:12
Lists: pgsql-patches

Tom Lane wrote:
> [ scratches head... ] Did this code change recently? It's a tad hard
> to believe that such a thing could have gone unnoticed for long.

Seems the problem was introduced here:

http://developer.postgresql.org/cvsweb.cgi/pgsql/src/bin/pg_dump/pg_backup_db.c.diff?r1=1.58;r2=1.59

(I could just revert the code to using PQdb(), but I don't think there's
a need to mention the database in the error message ourselves --
PQerrorMessage() should include that information if appropriate.)

-Neil