Illegal access violation

From: Bob Caryl <bob(at)fis-cal(dot)com>
To: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Illegal access violation
Date: 2005-07-26 13:56:15
Lists: pgsql-odbc
Hello all:

I am using the latest version of postgresql (version 8.03) on a linux
machine as my server.  I also using the latest version of the postgresql
odbc driver (08_00_0101) on my WinXP platform.  I have updateable
cursors enabled on the odbc driver.  I am trying to simply add a new row
to my table on the linux machine, and when I call the CRecordset::Update
method my application crashes with a memory access violation every
time.  Using the debugger and stepping through the code, the crash
apparently happens in the .dll code.  According to logs client and
server side, this crash occurs before any attempt is made to do anything

Has anyone else seen this, and if so what might I be doing wrong here?

Bob Caryl

pgsql-odbc by date

Next:From: Dave PageDate: 2005-07-26 14:02:15