recent news item

From: Neil Conway <neilc(at)samurai(dot)com>
To: pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: recent news item
Date: 2005-07-26 06:45:55
Lists: pgsql-www

This news article:

http://www.postgresql.org/about/news.363

claims that "PostgreSQL Software Quality trounces MySQL". Can someone
restate this to be a bit less unequivocal, please? (Or if you'd prefer
that I just submit a new writeup, let me know.)

The notion that you can compare overall software quality by counting the
number of bugs found by a particular static analysis tool is pretty
ridiculous. I don't think it is wise to make that sort of dubious claim
on the website, particularly when combined with a direct reference to a
competing database system.

-Neil