Re: Timestamp Summary

From: Oliver Jowett <oliver(at)opencloud(dot)com>
To: Christian Cryder <c(dot)s(dot)cryder(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: List <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Timestamp Summary
Date: 2005-07-25 23:54:51
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Christian Cryder wrote:

> Code snippet to duplicate problem

I couldn't work out exactly what this was meant to be showing, and it
appears to make a number of assumptions about local timezone it doesn't
seem to useful. (most notably, NZ daylight savings isn't the same as the
north american setup..)

Can you put together a test case that explicitly sets the JVM timezone
and the server timezones to something you know will break, and then
*tests* the output i.e. says "I expected value 1 but I got value 2
instead! bad!".

Then I can actually test my patches to the driver against the exact case
you have problems with..

-O