Re: Manual installation of PostgreSQL 8

From: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
To: John DeSoi <desoi(at)pgedit(dot)com>
Cc: frank church <pgsql(at)adontendev(dot)net>,pgsql-hackers-win32(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Manual installation of PostgreSQL 8
Date: 2005-07-19 13:56:31
Lists: pgsql-hackers-win32

John DeSoi wrote:

>> I just need to be able to get past the initdb failure
>

> If you install mingw, then you just compile and make like any other
> platform with the instructions provided in the main documentation. I
> never used cygwin, but I assume the process is the same.

There's one small wrinkle. After you run "make install" you need to be
sure that libpq.dll is in a place where it will be found by the programs
that need it (including initdb). That's why the buildfarm script copies
it from <installroot>/lib to <installroot>/bin on Windows and Cygwin
(meaning that we don't have to mangle the path or put the DLL in the
system folder).

cheers

andrew