Preserving Timestamp Information

From: Lola Lee <lola(at)his(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Preserving Timestamp Information
Date: 2005-07-16 11:52:41
Lists: pgsql-novice

How can I preserve timestamp for a set of data? I'm using PostgreSQL
8.02. I had to do a dump of my database and then at a later date I
imported the data I had in several tables. Here's an example:

yw_id weight yarnweight_lud
--
1 Cobweb 2005-01-13 15:21:50.654149
2 Lace Weight 2005-01-13 15:21:50.654149

When I use the import wizard for Aqua Data Studio, it sets all values
for yarnweight_lud to NULL.

I can create insert queries for all of these if I have to but I need to
know how to force preservation of the time stamp.

--
Lola - mailto:lola(at)his(dot)com
http://www.lolajl.net | Blog at http://www.lolajl.net/blog/