problem after restoring a backup database on a different PC

From: Wesley <wesley_lorrez(at)web-art(dot)be>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: problem after restoring a backup database on a different PC
Date: 2005-07-15 06:42:30
Lists: pgsql-general
Hi

I think I might be doing something verry wrong, since i ame not being
able to transfer a database from one pc to another.

so, what I do is, I dump the database as follows:

pg_dump -f "c:\file.backup" -F c -b -x -h localhost -U user -W "MyDB"
(or i tried it also using the backup button in pgAdmin III)

wich works fine, and when i restore the db again on my other PC there is
no problem, ALL tables are there, BUT when i try to access a table
trough pgsqlxx (c++ library) i get an exception:

relation "table" does not exist

So, i tried to restore the file.backup on the same pc as it was backuped
from, and here i find no problem to access the table

do you have any idea what i do wrong or what can be going wrong?

greetZ

wes

pgsql-general by date

Next:From: Ezequiel TolnayDate: 2005-07-15 06:51:04