Re: initdb 'no such file or directory' error

From: Erik Brunar <ebrunar(at)voicesignal(dot)com>
To: pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: initdb 'no such file or directory' error
Date: 2005-07-14 13:52:59
Lists: pgsql-cygwin

I commented this line out in initdb:

# cp /dev/null "$PGDATA"/postgresql.conf || exit_nicely

and in its stead used:

touch "$PGDATA"/postgresql.conf || exit_nicely

and this worked. However, things went wrong afterwards when trying to start the postmaster with my new install of Cygwin 1.5.18-1, so I re-installed 1.5.17-1, and things have been fine again.

Erik