Re: Anyone running PostgreSQL on Sun Solaris?

From: Marc McIntyre <mmcintyre(at)squiz(dot)net>
To: rjhb(at)bb-c(dot)de
Cc: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Anyone running PostgreSQL on Sun Solaris?
Date: 2005-07-14 06:59:32
Lists: pgsql-admin

Rainer J. H. Brandt wrote:

>>A while ago we had a client running PostgreSQL on a Quad v440, and the
>>performance was horrific. There are some known issues with PostgreSQL
>>and solaris. AFAIK there was a kernel patch to alleviate some of the
>>issues, but i'm unsure of the state of this as its been sometime since
>>i've had any experience with PostgreSQL and solaris.
>>

>Can anyone remember specific information?

It been too long to remember exact specifics, but it was something very
similar to this problem.

http://sunportal.sunmanagers.org/pipermail/summaries/2003-March/003254.html

You might also want to have a look at this, although most of these
issues are very old and have probably been resolved by now.

http://www.phil.uni-erlangen.de/tree/postgresql/majordomo/pgsql-novice-digest/v01.n098

--
Marc McIntyre
MySource Matrix Lead Developer