Re: Anyone running PostgreSQL on Sun Solaris?

From: Marc McIntyre <mmcintyre(at)squiz(dot)net>
To: Chris Hoover <revoohc(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL Admin <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Anyone running PostgreSQL on Sun Solaris?
Date: 2005-07-14 05:35:47
Lists: pgsql-admin

A while ago we had a client running PostgreSQL on a Quad v440, and the
performance was horrific. There are some known issues with PostgreSQL
and solaris. AFAIK there was a kernel patch to alleviate some of the
issues, but i'm unsure of the state of this as its been sometime since
i've had any experience with PostgreSQL and solaris.

Chris Hoover wrote:

> We are looking at the possibility of upgrading from our Dell Intel
> systems running Linux to Sun boxes running Solaris. Are any of you
> running PostgreSQL in this type of environment. Specifically, we are
> looking at Sun v880 with Solaris 10. However, any Sun/Solaris
> references would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Chris

Marc McIntyre
MySource Matrix Lead Developer

..>> Sydney ...>
92 Jarrett St T: +61 (0) 2 9568 6866
Leichhardt, F: +61 (0) 2 9568 6733
NSW, 2040 W: http://www.squiz.net/

..>> Canberra ...>
Walter Turnbull Bldg T: +61 (0) 2 6233 0607
44 Sydney Ave, F: +61 (0) 2 6233 0696
Forrest, W: http://www.squiz.net/
ACT 2603

..>> London ...>
The Old Fire Station, T: +44 (0) 20 7300 7321
140 Tabernacle St, F: +44 (0) 870 112 3394
London EC2A 4SD W: http://www.squiz.co.uk/

.....>> Open Source - Own it - Squiz.net ...../>

IMPORTANT: This email (and any attachments) is commercial-in-confidence and or may be legally privileged and must not be forwarded, copied or shared without express permission from Squiz. If you are not the intended recipient, you may not legally copy, disclose or use the contents in any way and you should contact squiz(at)squiz(dot)net immediately and destroy this message and any attachments. Thank you.