Re: FYI, Windows buildfarm member passes all

From: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
To: Magnus Hagander <mha(at)sollentuna(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-hackers-win32 <pgsql-hackers-win32(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: FYI, Windows buildfarm member passes all
Date: 2005-07-08 12:13:13
Lists: pgsql-hackers-win32

Magnus Hagander wrote:

>>Today I got done an item that's been on my TODO list for some
>>time - I got my Windows buildfarm member building with all 3
>>optional PLs and passing all their regression tests. In each
>>case (perl, python, tcl) I used the ActiveState versions,
>>rather than building my own. This is the first time we have
>>done this on a Windows buildfarm member.
>>

>Don't run with ActiveState Python. Run with the official win32 python
>from the python guys themselves. There were some issues with
>ActiveState, but I can't remember what they were. Could be that they are
>fixed now, but I still think relying on the official distribution is
>better when available (the python guys put out a win32 binary
>distribution, unlike for example perl (last time I checked)).
>
>That said, this is good news indeed :-)

OK, I switched to the Python project's Windows distribution (which is
more modern anyway) and it's still working. See:
http://www.pgbuildfarm.org/cgi-bin/show_log.pl?nm=loris&dt=2005-07-08%2011:19:10

One reason for using the AS version of perl, is the nice PPMs of DBD::Pg
that some kind person is now delivering.

cheers

andrew