Re: What to do about errors returned by odbc

From: Marko Ristola <marko(dot)ristola(at)kolumbus(dot)fi>
To: Joel Fradkin <jfradkin(at)wazagua(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: What to do about errors returned by odbc
Date: 2005-07-02 07:17:04
Lists: pgsql-odbc

This might be a memory issue on 32bit computers.
psqlodbc loads the whole query result into memory by default,
on Windows too.

IIS or Windows might supply memory at most 1-3 gigabytes for the CGI binary.
So the actual upper limit might actually be much less, than 4G.

This can be overcome by using ODBC directives like:

Fetch = 2048
UseDeclareFetch = 1

Regards,
Marko Ristola