Re: restore database from bare files

From: jehan-free <jehan(dot)procaccia(at)free(dot)fr>
To: Martin Fandel <martin(dot)fandel(at)alphyra-evs(dot)de>
Cc: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org, Lydie(dot)Soler(at)inapg(dot)inra(dot)fr
Subject: Re: restore database from bare files
Date: 2005-06-30 17:57:52
Lists: pgsql-admin
very good, that worked fine :-)
I restored the files from tar, started a postgresql 7.3 on an old redhat
9 ! pg_dump my database, psql it back to my postgresql 7.4 on my
production RHEL4 server .

still a small pb, I seem to have lost authentification. (although
pg_hba.conf was restore also)
$ psql -h meta1 -U ezpublish -d ezpublish_db
psql: FATAL:  user "ezpublish" does not exist
if I go with:
$ psql -h meta1 -U postgres -d ezpublish_db
that works , then I go for setting a user + password:
ezpublish_db-# ALTER USER  ezpublish SET PASSWORD secret;
ERROR:  syntax error at or near "$" at character 1
what's wrong ?
note that for that ezpublisher database I had initily integrated from
postgresql-contribs those functions:
$psql ezpublish_db < /usr/share/pgsql/contrib/pgcrypto.sql
don't know if my problem is related to that ?

Thanks again.