Re: restore database from bare files

From: jehan-free <jehan(dot)procaccia(at)free(dot)fr>
To: Martin Fandel <martin(dot)fandel(at)alphyra-evs(dot)de>
Cc: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: restore database from bare files
Date: 2005-06-30 10:57:18
Lists: pgsql-admin
OK, I'am not yet at restarting postgres .. but if at get pb then I check
that , thanks !
For now , How can I tell from the bare file the mapping between a
database name and the number appearing in /var/lib/pgsql/base directory
I have :
pgsql/data/base/1/
pgsql/data/base/16975/
pgsql/data/base/16980/
so I made the assumption that 1 is a database (probably the test initial
database ?), 16975 is an other one and 16980 a tird one ! How can I find
the map from  these numbers to database name ?
thanks