Re: getBinaryStream and OutOfMemoryException

From: Oliver Jowett <oliver(at)opencloud(dot)com>
To: Jesper Thorhauge <jth(at)conzentrate(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: getBinaryStream and OutOfMemoryException
Date: 2005-06-28 22:19:20
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Jesper Thorhauge wrote:
> Okay, thats seems like a lot!! What are the priorities about getting
> this modification into the driver? I have seen some other posts
> regarding this binaryStream / memory problem, so it seems that i'm not
> the only one :-)

There's no real priority; it'll happen when someone with time and
motivation implements it..

It's not trivial to do as the driver doesn't know ahead of time which
columns are bytea -- so either it must do an extra network roundtrip to
enquire about column types, or be ready to handle binary-format results
for *all* types.

-O