Re: limiting connections per user/database

From: Petr Jelínek <pjmodos(at)parba(dot)cz>
To: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)surnet(dot)cl>
Cc: pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org, Euler Taveira de Oliveira <eulerto(at)yahoo(dot)com(dot)br>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Subject: Re: limiting connections per user/database
Date: 2005-06-26 18:52:55
Lists: pgsql-patches

Alvaro Herrera wrote:

>I don't think this approach is very user-friendly. I'd vote for the
>catalog approach, I think.

Ok I am fine with both but catalog changes would mean more hacking of
ALTER DATABASE and ALTER USER.

>Maybe you could make some checks against the shared array of PGPROCs
>(procarray.c), for the per-database limit at least. Not sure about
>per-user limit.

Thats good idea (I could maybe add userid to PGPROC struct too) but I
think there could be problem with two phase commits because they add new
entry to that array of PGPROCs too and I don't kow if we want to include
them to that limit.

--
Regards
Petr Jelinek (PJMODOS)