Re: pg_dump -Fc does not dump indexes

From: Alberto <nspmma(at)freenet(dot)de>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pg_dump -Fc does not dump indexes
Date: 2005-06-25 20:39:41
Lists: pgsql-admin
Hi Tom,
thanks for answering so quickly!

The error occurs for me using pg_dump and pg_restore on postgres 8.0.3
running on RedHat ES4. But also occurs if I take the dump from the Linux
box and run restore on a winxp box with postgres 8.0.2.

I would definetely be willing to create a self contained test case but I
am not sure what that would be. I can create a dump file from a test
database, but that would be after using pg_dump so you could not check
that. Do you want me to create a database, shut it down and zip up the
database files? Which files would those be?

Is there a way for me to find out if the dump file created with -Fc does
contain information on the indexes?

Thanks,
Alberto