Re: code cleanup for tz

From: Neil Conway <neilc(at)samurai(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-patches <pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: code cleanup for tz
Date: 2005-06-21 00:01:20
Lists: pgsql-patches
Tom Lane wrote:
> Well, it's certainly hopeless to expect "patch" to fix it :-(.  But the
> further the code drifts the harder it gets to compare manually.

Sure, but I don't see how removing a few "register" qualifiers and so
forth is going to make the slightest difference to a manual comparison.
If the code was intentionally being kept as close to upstream as
possible, I wouldn't have made the changes in the first place -- but
since there is little prospect of doing a machine-assisted merge after
pgindent, I don't think this patch makes things appreciably worse.

-Neil