Re: Hungry postmaster

From: "Ilja Golshtein" <ilejn(at)yandex(dot)ru>
To: tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Hungry postmaster
Date: 2005-06-16 13:21:35
Lists: pgsql-general

>Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us> writes:
>If so, I would bet that someone did an unconstrained join (ie SELECT
>the cross product of some large tables) and killed their client instead
>of waiting for the result.

Quite probably if you recall my Yesterday's question about low
speed of queries with multitude joins ;) BTW, many thanks to you for
for positive answer.

It is not very good news PG is not bullet-proof here and
it is so simple to hang PG session (and what is the worst such
process effectively utilizes all resources).

Are PG admins experienced in determining and killing such zombi-sessions?
I mean, may be script or something to do this job exist in nature?

Thanks.

--
Best regards
Ilja Golshtein