Re: Request for support for GIST enhancements

From: Ron Mayer <rm_pg(at)cheapcomplexdevices(dot)com>
To: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Subject: Re: Request for support for GIST enhancements
Date: 2005-06-09 18:49:14
Lists: pgsql-advocacypgsql-hackers
Bruce Momjian wrote:
> Joshua D. Drake wrote:
>>There is a couple of ways to do it. Paypal IMHO is not the way. One
>>way would be to set up an escrow that was tied to specific milestones.
>>Another would be to have an entity actually be the distribution point.
>

> I have acted as a go-between before in this capacity.  I do not
> recommend a company in that role.

In some cases it can be easier for a company when another company
is involved because then there's someone who can deal with all
the accounts payable & international money transfer stuff that
would make my current CFO cringe.

The guys that run PostGIS are contributing $2000 themselves
and are willing to handle some of that paperwork for
companies that want it.
http://postgis.refractions.net/pipermail/postgis-users/2005-June/008294.html

But yeah, in general I agree with Bruce that other than
corporate paperwork reasons I'd rather go directly (with something
like paypal) or through at least through the dev team.