Re: Missing "New Node"

From: Andreas Pflug <pgadmin(at)pse-consulting(dot)de>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
Cc: Christopher Kings-Lynne <chriskl(at)familyhealth(dot)com(dot)au>, pgadmin-hackers <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Missing "New Node"
Date: 2005-06-09 13:00:01
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Dave Page wrote:

> [...]

Add node with proper connstring.

If I try to join the cluster (as opposed to
> just adding a node), I now see the servers etc, but obviously no admin
> node.
available admin nodes are identified by matching conn strings.

When I click OK, I get an exception and it all falls over.

> I'm still not entirely sure why the admin node is required - why can't
> we just get the info from the connected database?

Because quite often a cross-db connection is needed.

I'll probably not find time to fix things in June, sorry.

Regards,
Andreas