Indexes getting corrupted.

From: "Bruno G(dot) Albuquerque" <balbuquerque(at)dba(dot)com(dot)br>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Indexes getting corrupted.
Date: 2005-06-08 18:39:28
Lists: pgsql-admin
I am having a weird problem here. I have the automated process to
install PostgreSQL (8.0.1) on Windows 2000 machines. Besides installing
the database server itself, my process does the following:

1 - Runs initdb to created the database I will be using.
2 - Runs a SQL script that creates the entire database and populates
some of the tables.
3 - Runs another script that populates other tables (using COPY).

What happens is that, sometimes, after the entire process run, I end up
with a database with virtually all indexes corrupt! Try to use the
indexes for anything results in "index is not a btree" error. This
happens randomly and I can get it fixed sometimes by simply erasin
everything and starting over.

It happened in more thna one machine, if that matters. Also, changing
the database from one partition to another almost all the time solves it
(all machines have 2 partitions).

Any ideas about what can be causing this? Manually doing "reindex index"
gets the indexes sorted. Is there a way to automatically reindex all
indexes in one go? that would at least help me a bit.

Thanks in advance.

-Bruno

Informação transmitida destina-se apenas à pessoa a quem foi endereçada e pode conter informação confidencial, legalmente protegida e para conhecimento exclusivo do destinatário. Se o leitor desta advertência não for o seu destinatário, fica ciente de que sua leitura, divulgação ou cópia é estritamente proibida. Caso a mensagem tenha sido recebida por engano, favor comunicar ao remetente e apagar o texto de qualquer computador.

The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon this information, by person or entity other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from any computer.

pgsql-admin by date

Next:From: Tom ArthursDate: 2005-06-08 18:58:31