Re: Frontend/Backend protocol 3.0

From: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Jonathan Fuerth <fuerth(at)sqlpower(dot)ca>, pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Frontend/Backend protocol 3.0
Date: 2005-06-06 21:39:09
Lists: pgsql-odbc
>>If there's anyone left with access to update the psqlodbc gborg site,
>>maybe they could put up a list of links to the "alternative" PostgreSQL
>>ODBC driver projects (and maybe mention the licensing model of each).
>>I don't think I'm the only person who has been suffering from a lack of
>>background knowledge in this regard.
>

> OK, who is working on improving ODBC at this point?  Please give us a
> status report.

My understanding is that there are two ODBC Projects.

1. ODBCng which is the GPL Command Prompt venture

2. ODBC which is the original LGPL version and is being worked on by
Pervasive.

In the end it will truly be a which one works for you kind of thing.
ODBCng for example will not use libpq.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake