Re: configure doesn't find my pgsql installation

From: Linuxer Wang <linuxerwang(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: OpenMacNews <OpenMacNews(at)speakeasy(dot)net>, blacknoz(at)club-internet(dot)fr, pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: configure doesn't find my pgsql installation
Date: 2005-06-05 19:38:58
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

OpenMacNews wrote:

> hi,
>
>>> I am using Fedora4test3, the Gcc is 4.0, when I tried to compile the
>>> pgadmin 1.2.2 source codes, I got the following errors by configure:
>>>
>>> checking pgsql in /usr/lib/pgsql... failed
>>> configure: error: you must specify a valid pgsql installation with
>>> --with-pgsql=DIR
>>>
>>> I changed the DIR to be /usr/share/pgsql and /usr/lib/pgsql, but the
>>> errors still occured.
>>>
>>> There is a post in the mailing list which fixed the bug, but in my
>>> instance, it seems don't work.
>>>
>>> Can anybody help me?
>>

> just a guess/hunch ....
>
> have you tried EXPLICITLY defining BOTH:
>
> --with-pgsql-include=/usr/lib/pgsql
> --with-pgsql-include=/usr/...path..to..wherever../pgsql/include
>

> richard

I am sorry that now I realize that the problem is because I have not
installed the postgresql-devel package.
After I installed it, the configure can be run successfully without any
arguments!

But the make step reported the following errors:

./pgAdmin3.cpp:59:24: error: wx/ogl/ogl.h: no such file or directory
./pgAdmin3.cpp: In member function ‘virtual bool pgAdmin3::OnInit()’:
./pgAdmin3.cpp:293: error: ‘wxOGLInitialize’ was not declared in this scope
make[2]: *** [pgAdmin3.o] error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/kenny/download/pgadmin3/src'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/kenny/download/pgadmin3'
make: *** [all] error 2

Thank you all.