Re: BIGINT <-> java.lang.String auto cast

From: Oliver Jowett <oliver(at)opencloud(dot)com>
To: pg(at)fastcrypt(dot)com
Cc: "Sergey A(dot) Sokolov" <abac(at)xtech(dot)ru>, 'Roland Walter' <rwa(at)mosaic-ag(dot)com>, pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BIGINT <-> java.lang.String auto cast
Date: 2005-05-27 00:23:29
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Dave Cramer wrote:
> Well, this is defined
>
> setObject( n, Double, Types.boolean) and the backend doesn't handle it

Ah, ok, guess we missed that one. AFAIK the driver should handle most of
the required conversions, though -- I don't see that adding support for
(for example) double->boolean requires a complete rewrite of setObject()
as you originally suggested, we already have a structure in place for
conversions?

What other conversions is the driver missing?

-O