Re: encoding

From: Andreas Pflug <pgadmin(at)pse-consulting(dot)de>
To: Joel Fradkin <jfradkin(at)wazagua(dot)com>
Cc: 'Marko Ristola' <marko(dot)ristola(at)kolumbus(dot)fi>,pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: encoding
Date: 2005-05-13 11:00:05
Lists: pgsql-odbc
Joel Fradkin wrote:
> I originally tried a Unicode database, but when the .net application I wrote
> to move the data from mssql to postgres blew up on the french characters.

You probably hit a (non-)conversion problem in the driver, giving the
message "invalid byte sequence for unicode" or "unicode char > 100000
not allowed" when the server receives a nonconverted char when it
expects unicode. See my message from January (4th or so?) about this, if
that patch helps you too this really should go into psqlodbc.

Regards,
Andreas