refactor index build

From: Neil Conway <neilc(at)samurai(dot)com>
To: pgsql-patches <pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: refactor index build
Date: 2005-05-11 02:33:08
Lists: pgsql-patches
This patch refactors away some duplicated code in the index AM build
methods: they all invoke UpdateStats() since they have computed the
number of heap tuples, so I created a function in catalog/index.c that
each AM calls. This is per earlier discussion (it was included in the
GiST patches I submitted a while back, but I'm breaking those patches up
into smaller chunks now).

Barring any objections, I'll apply this later today or tomorrow.

-Neil

pgsql-patches by date