Re: REMOVE

From: Stephen Kennedy <skennedy(at)tissat(dot)es>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: REMOVE
Date: 2005-05-03 16:17:31
Lists: pgsql-admin

This has happened to me with another mailing list, I can't remember
which one off-hand.

I tried the unsubscribe functions various times with no success at all
and eventually, really annoyed,
started replying to ALL messages with something along the lines of "I've
tried to unsubscribe, it didn't work, I shall do this until
you solve my problem"
The next day someone wrote suggesting that, as I was not and had not, as
far as she could tell, ever been on that list, maybe I should
look and see whether I was receiving a forward from someone else who had
subscribed.

An ex-workmate had forwarded his mail to our group so we could deal with
work-related stuff, and so we received all of his
mailing list stuff as well.
This option had not occurred to me.

However, my solution to the problem did work :)

Stephen.