Re: [HACKERS] Increased company involvement

From: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Dave Held <dave(dot)held(at)arraysg(dot)com>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, PostgreSQL advocacy <pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] Increased company involvement
Date: 2005-05-02 17:56:51
Lists: pgsql-advocacy pgsql-hackers

>>Any person can bring a patch and submit it, any person in the community
>>can argue for it and any person can take the time to fix it to the
>>specifications that core sets forth.
>

> True, but I don't think "core" sets the specifications. Rather, it is
> the community that sets them, or agrees to them by not saying anything.

Well I can't concur with that. I can concur that may be what "core"
would want but I don't see that as what it is.

However that could could also be perception as it isn't really that
clear what core does except set the specification.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake
Command Prompt, Inc.

Managed Services, Shared and Dedication Hosting