Re: 8.4 open items list

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: 8.4 open items list
Date: 2009-03-27 20:27:53
Lists: pgsql-hackers

It seems that we have full consensus about the following Open Items
not being material for 8.4, so I'm going to move them to the TODO
list or Commitfest 2009-First as appropriate:

* Change behavior of statement-level triggers for inheritance cases?

No patch, no interest in making it happen for 8.4 -> TODO

* PQinitSSL broken in some use cases

Arguably a bug, but Merlin was one of the instigators; since he's not
happy with where we are, it should be postponed.

* postgresql.conf: patch to have ParseConfigFile report all parsing errors, then bail

Not ready, and submitted very long past feature freeze -> commitfest

* small but useful patches for text search

Also submitted too late -> commitfest

* Have \d show child tables that inherit from the specified parent

Ditto. (The other \d issues relate to already-made 8.4 changes,
though, so they still need consideration; or else an explicit
decision that the current behavior is OK.)