Re: error: Internal account lookup failure

From: Reini Urban <rurban(at)x-ray(dot)at>
To: raf <doquitad(at)tin(dot)it>
Cc: pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: error: Internal account lookup failure
Date: 2005-04-30 11:42:20
Lists: pgsql-cygwin

raf schrieb:
> I try to install postgresql
> 8.0.1. In service configuration, I checked the install as service
> checkbox. Filled the form. After suggesting me to change the weak
> password, it said that Internal account lookup failure: No mapping
> between account names and security IDs was done.
>
> What is going on here????

cygwin postgresql? I doubt.

If so, check the cygwin FAQ or mailinglist archive for problems with
services. You need to give the right permissions to the logs for the
user named SYSTEM. Under this account the service will run.

http://cygwin.com/faq/faq_3.html#SEC33
Why don't my services work (or access network shares)?

Most Windows services run as a special user called `SYSTEM'. If you
installed Cygwin for "Just Me", the `SYSTEM' user won't see your Cygwin
mount table. You need to re-mount all of your mounts as "system" for
services to work. You can re-run `setup.exe' and select "Install for All
Users", or this script will do the trick:

eval "`mount -m | sed -e 's/ -u / -s /g' -e 's/$/;/'`"

The `SYSTEM' user cannot access network shares that require
authentication. For more information, see
http://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/ntsec.html.

Workarounds include using public network share that does not require
authentication (for non-critical files), or running the service as your
own user with `cygrunsrv -u' (see
`/usr/share/doc/Cygwin/cygrunsrv.README' for more information).
--
Reini Urban
http://xarch.tu-graz.ac.at/home/rurban/