Re: [HACKERS] Increased company involvement

From: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>,Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>,PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>,PostgreSQL advocacy <pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] Increased company involvement
Date: 2005-04-30 06:02:51
Lists: pgsql-advocacypgsql-hackers
> We'd like to avoid such unpleasant surprises, but how to get the word
> out?

More prominent placement of how to contribute would probably help. The
PGF could help with this as well once it is done. Right now it is ether
on how to contribute unless you know where to look.

Right now on the front page when we ask for support we are asking for
people to donate money. We don't need money. We need people. The support
link goes to bandwidth but a great deal of the project is hosted over
many, many servers with many providers. That really isn't as much of an
issue anymore. At least IMHO.

If it were I there would be a big link in bright text (not literally)
that says, "How to contribute" on the front page of the website. This
would go to a page that talks about the different ways to contribute
with contacts for each topic.

Who is head of Documentation?

Who can I talk to about submitting patches?
    To libpq
    To ECPG
    To JDBC
       etc....