Re: Official ODBC announcement

From: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Official ODBC announcement
Date: 2005-04-28 14:59:41
Lists: pgsql-odbc

> A specific example is- would it be permissible to use Microsoft Access
> with the GPL ODBC driver without a commercial license from CP?

Yes.

> Is
> Access different in some way from some home-grown application I write to
> use ODBC?

Nope.

Or is it only if you redistribute the combination of a
> closed-source application (such as Access) with the GPL ODBC driver?

Nope.

Where you (or your customer) would have to give dollars would be if you
were using Access as the platform for your application and that
application was closed source.

More specifically if that application was closed source and your
distributed it that way.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

--
Your PostgreSQL solutions provider, Command Prompt, Inc.
24x7 support - 1.800.492.2240, programming, and consulting