Re: Official ODBC announcement

From: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Official ODBC announcement
Date: 2005-04-28 06:05:25
Lists: pgsql-odbc

>>I don't want to do that. I would rather just have the perpetual license
>>and allow the developer to do what they wish.
>

> How do you do that when the submitting license doesn't match the user
> license?

You have to require that the license that the contribution is being
delivered under is relicenseable, sublicenseable, perpetual and irrevocable.

In that way it is very much like the the current PostgreSQL contributions.

Note that the developer could always dual license the patches.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

--
Your PostgreSQL solutions provider, Command Prompt, Inc.
24x7 support - 1.800.492.2240, programming, and consulting