Re: Official ODBC announcement

From: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Official ODBC announcement
Date: 2005-04-28 04:37:28
Lists: pgsql-odbc

>>>contributions from anyone (unless you want them to sign ownership over
>>
>>This is something that we are still trying to figure out.
>

> Nothing to figure out.  You have to get signed contracts giving you
> rights to the code changes.

Possibly but that does not require the assignment of the ownership to
the code in anyway. Nor would we request that someone sign over
ownership of contributed work.

Which really isn't that different than what people do everyday
with PostgreSQL. When I submit something to core I am granting
rights to core to use the submitted code, not only that I am giving the
ability for others to close source the work.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake
Command Prompt, Inc.

--
Your PostgreSQL solutions provider, Command Prompt, Inc.
24x7 support - 1.800.492.2240, programming, and consulting