Re: request for cleaning before things move too

From: Raphaël Enrici <blacknoz(at)club-internet(dot)fr>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
Cc: PgAdmin Hackers <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: request for cleaning before things move too
Date: 2005-04-27 19:50:16
Lists: pgadmin-hackers
Dave Page wrote:

>>Here are two requests for cleaning (not really important ones):
>>1) BUGS.txt although named .txt is an HTML file (yes, html is text
>>but...) and Peter Eisentraut suggested (AFAIR it was when I
>>released my
>>latest pgadmin3 1.2.0 package for Debian) that I try to get this
>>corrected until the next release. So, could we rename this file to
>>BUGS.html or convert it to full text ?
>

> Hmm, it's not really proper HTML either. It's done that way so it's easy to include in pages on the website. I'll look into the best way to resolve that - hopefully tomorrow as I'm building a server and will have time during copies/RAID builds etc.

ok, I let you do the right thing :)

>>2) would it be possible to exclude pkg/debian directory from being
>>included in next stable release ? The files in it are totally out of
>>sync and I generally never get time to sync them before release.
>

> Argh! I just finished incorporating them into the revamped build system.

eheh... I saw this and that's why I emailed ;) Just to give you some fear!

> Seriously though, I'd rather leave them there in case the worst happens and you get hit by a bus or something. Can you send up to date copies and we'll just sync them up periodically from now on?

uh! A bus! Arggggh! You got me :)
Attached is the current debian directory. It's representative of what
was done for pgadmin3-1.2.0-2 official Debian package... Note that, even
if I "meet" a bus, I bet the files are mirrored all around the world in
the Debian archive mirrors. All you risk to loose is me in this story :)

>>That's all for the moment and sorry to be back with such
>>small things...
>> I promise I will be back with more interesting things next time ;)
>
> Looking forward to it :-)

yes, me too... I really would like to come back to all that stuff!

Regards,
Raphaël