Disable large objects GUC

From: Christopher Kings-Lynne <chriskl(at)familyhealth(dot)com(dot)au>
To: Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Disable large objects GUC
Date: 2005-04-27 01:49:22
Lists: pgsql-hackers
I wonder if there's any use for an allow_large_objects = true/false GUC
parameter?

It'd be nice to be able to switch it off as part of site policy so that
the security holes in it aren't able to be exposed, plus you can
guarantee as the site admin that pg_dumpall will produce a complete
dump.  Also, you can guarantee that you don't have to worry about
vacuumlo or anything.

This might come in handy one day when we want to deprecate large objects
perhaps.

Chris