Re: Table Partitioning: Will it be supported in Future?

From: "apoc9009(at)yahoo(dot)de" <apoc9009(at)yahoo(dot)de>
To: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Table Partitioning: Will it be supported in Future?
Date: 2005-04-26 09:57:33
Lists: pgsql-performance
Hmm,

I have asked some Peoples on the List an some one has posted this links

http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-performance/2004-12/msg00101.php

It is quite usefull to read but iam not sure thadt theese Trick is verry
helpfull.

I want to splitt my 1GByte Table into some little Partitions but how
should i do thadt?
With the ORACLE Partitioning Option, i can Configurering my Table withe
Enterprise
Manager or SQL Plus but in this case it looks like Trap.

Should i really decrease my Tabledata size  and spread them to other
Tables with the
same Structure by limiting Records???

The next Problem i see, how should i do a Insert/Update/Delete on 4
Tables of the
same Structure at one Query???

No missunderstanding. We talking not about normalization or
restructuring the Colums
of a table. We talking about Partitioning and in this case at Postgres
(emultation
of Partitioning wir UNIONS for Performance tuning)..

Josh