BLOB's bypassing the OS Filesystem for better Image loading speed?

From: "apoc9009(at)yahoo(dot)de" <apoc9009(at)yahoo(dot)de>
To: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: BLOB's bypassing the OS Filesystem for better Image loading speed?
Date: 2005-04-26 08:22:30
Lists: pgsql-performance
Hi all again,

My next queststion is dedicated to blobs in my  Webapplication (using
Tomcat 5 and JDBC
integrated a the J2EE Appserver JBoss).

Filesystems with many Filesystem Objects can slow down the Performance
at opening
and reading Data.

My Question:
Can i speedup my Webapplication if i store my JPEG Images with small
sizes inside my PostgreSQL Database (on verry large Databasis over 1 GByte
and above without Images at this time!)

I hope some Peoples can give me a Tip or Hint where in can
some usefull Information about it!

Thanks
Josh

pgsql-performance by date