Re: ForwardOnly ?

From: lothar(dot)behrens(at)lollisoft(dot)de
To: Jeff Eckermann <jeff_eckermann(at)yahoo(dot)com>, pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org, Petr "OdloXil" <odlozil(at)trakceol(dot)cz>, lothar(dot)behrens(at)lollisoft(dot)de
Subject: Re: ForwardOnly ?
Date: 2005-04-25 17:10:10
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Am 25 Apr 2005 um 8:00 hat Jeff Eckermann geschrieben:

> --- Petr Odložil <odlozil(at)trakceol(dot)cz> wrote:
> > I din't set this option forward cursors only and I
> > even can't find it to
> > check the state of it. I'm using ODBC driver for
>
> My understanding is that, if you want an updateable
> cursor, it has to be forward only. This is a
> limitation of the PostgreSQL ODBC driver. I believe
> that the "updatable cursors" driver setting refers to
> this. But I'm only working from memory here; I could
> not find a reference to this when I looked. Someone
> else please correct me as necessary.

I use updateable cursors also when moving back.
I do not remember, if it not works, when I move a row back
after editing a row.

But I must say, that there will be a problem with the 8.x ODBC
driver. Even reinstalling the old 7.3.200 version it didn't resolved
it.
This is because the install process may be brocken. I have removed
the 8.x driver by hand, before reinstallation of 7.3.200.

The code for my ODBC abstraction classes are public. All can try it.
See the link below.

Lothar