problem migratin from ms sql

From: Bruno Depero <bruno(dot)depero(at)digicar(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: problem migratin from ms sql
Date: 2005-04-19 15:35:05
Lists: pgsql-novice

I wish to migrate from ms sql server to postgresql... an application
(windows executable) not developed by me then no sources. We buyed for a
lot of money so we must run it on windows clients.
All works greatly, and with more performance too, from php I can do few
scripts without any problem.
But there is a problem: for some reports this application create a
temporary table... with ms sql / sybase (t-sql) syntax !
create table #mytable( title_id char(6), total_money_made money ) insert
into #mytable select title_id, total_money_made=sum( ytd_sales*price )
from titles group by title_id select * from #mytable drop table #mytable

Of course odbc driver for postgresql reports a syntax error due to the
table name !
There is a way to do this with postgres ?!?

Thank you in advance, best regards
Bruno