Re: Mac OS X Install

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Scott Hill <shill(at)verisign(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-ports(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Mac OS X Install
Date: 2001-04-01 19:28:55
Lists: pgsql-ports

Scott Hill <shill(at)verisign(dot)com> writes:
> cc -traditional-cpp -g -O2 -Wall -Wmissing-prototypes
> -Wmissing-declarations access/SUBSYS.o bootstrap/SUBSYS.o
> catalog/SUBSYS.o parser/SUBSYS.o commands/SUBSYS.o executor/SUBSYS.o
> lib/SUBSYS.o libpq/SUBSYS.o main/SUBSYS.o nodes/SUBSYS.o
> optimizer/SUBSYS.o port/SUBSYS.o postmaster/SUBSYS.o regex/SUBSYS.o
> rewrite/SUBSYS.o storage/SUBSYS.o tcop/SUBSYS.o utils/SUBSYS.o -lz -o
> postgres
> /usr/bin/ld: Undefined symbols:
> __ashldi3
> __ashrdi3
> __divdi3
> __fixdfdi
> __floatdidf
> make[2]: *** [postgres] Error 1

Looks to me like you have a broken or incomplete compiler/library setup.
Those symbols are compiler-provided subroutines for primitive C operations
like arithmetic shift on long ints. The compiler itself should take
care of making sure they are available.

I realize this isn't much help for actually solving the problem ... but
I'd suggest asking for help in an OSX-related forum, rather than here.