Re: self-fubar'ed? consistent make failures (undef'd

From: "Florian G(dot) Pflug" <fgp(at)phlo(dot)org>
To: OpenMacNews <OpenMacNews(at)speakeasy(dot)net>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: self-fubar'ed? consistent make failures (undef'd
Date: 2005-04-14 17:05:27
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

OpenMacNews wrote:
> -- On April 14, 2005 2:05:49 PM +0200 "Florian G. Pflug" <fgp(at)phlo(dot)org>
> wrote:
>
>> Hm... "touch a; mv a A" works on both macs that I have access too....
>> (Funnily enough, you can just repeat the move, it always succeeds, e.g.
>> "touch a; mv a A; mv a A")
>
> really? i've tried this on all my macs, and 'no go'. i always see
>
> % touch a
> % mv a A
> mv: `a' and `A' are the same file
> % mv a A2
> % mv A2 A
>
> odd.
>
> is there a setting somewhere abt this? who knew?
Which Version of OSX are you using? Is your harddisk formatted
as UFS or HFS+?

>>> why is the pgadmin3 'make' seemingly dependent on wxwidgets' DEBUG =
>>> on?
>>
>> I just found out why:
>> When compiled with debug, the wx-libs are named e.g libwx_macud,
>> when compiled without, they are named libwx_macu.
>>
>> The wx-configure check in acinclude.m4 detects wx in both cases,
>> but doesn't actually add the wx-libs to the list of to-be-linked-to
>> libs in the second case.
>>
>> I'm in the process of fixing this - expect a patch later today.
>
> great! i missed that completely ...
Dave applied two patches from me today, and additionally
added some wx 2.6 support on his own ;-)

I believe it should work with wx CVS out-of-the-box now - or - at least
compile. It still crashed when opening a dialog when using wx CVS for me,
so if you don't intent to hunt that bug down, stay with 2.5.5 + fix ;-)

greetings, Florian Pflug