Re: close-but-not-quite w/ pgadmin3.app on osx

From: "Florian G(dot) Pflug" <fgp(at)phlo(dot)org>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
Cc: OpenMacNews <OpenMacNews(at)speakeasy(dot)net>, pgadmin-hackers <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: close-but-not-quite w/ pgadmin3.app on osx
Date: 2005-04-11 12:18:00
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Dave Page wrote:
>>Heres the problem - the executable should be named PgAdminIII, not
>

> Don't mess with the branding!! :-)
>
> Can that be made 'pgAdmin3' please? The long form is 'pgAdmin III', with
> the space. Never an uppercase P though.
Well, the executable inside the bundle is practically invisble to the
user anway, so I guess you want the whole bundle to be renamed... (I don't
know if it's possible to name the main executable different than the bundle -
I guess you can do it by specifying the executable name in the plist file, but
there is not much point in this, since the executable name is hidden from the
user anyway ;-) ).

I can do that, but first I'd like to know if the current patch + my addition
from today makes things work for OpenMacNews. If this works, I'll prepare
a new Version of the patch with the bundle renamed. If not, I'd like to fix
all remaining problems before introducing new breakage by renaming things...

Which name do you prefer? I'd prefer "pgAdmin III", since it just looks
prettier - but if the space in the bundle name causes problems, I'll go
with pgAdmin3, if there are no objections.

greetings, Florian Pflug