libpq: Newbie help w/ data type conversions on queries and updates

From: Marvin Bellamy <marvin(dot)bellamy(at)innovision(dot)com>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: libpq: Newbie help w/ data type conversions on queries and updates
Date: 2005-03-30 17:11:28
Lists: pgsql-interfaces
I'm coming from a Java background, so I'm relatively new to C/C++ in
general.  I want to convert the data retrieved from a field to an
"external" data type I can use; specifically a datetime or a timestamp.
It looks like the only option for retrieving field data is as raw bytes,
but I haven't found any information on mapping those byte streams to
structures.

Also, is there any sort of a libpq API, or are you just stuck with
perusing header files?

I had zero luck following the build instructions for libpqxx on Windows,
so it looks like libpq is my only option for now.

--
Marvin Keith Bellamy
Software Engineer

pgsql-interfaces by date