Re: BUG #6486: configure - unable to cross-compile postgresql with openssl using Fedora MinGW

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Tomasz Ostrowski <tometzky(at)batory(dot)org(dot)pl>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #6486: configure - unable to cross-compile postgresql with openssl using Fedora MinGW
Date: 2012-02-23 19:28:19
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Tomasz Ostrowski <tometzky(at)batory(dot)org(dot)pl> writes:
> On 2012-02-23 19:51, tometzky(at)batory(dot)org(dot)pl wrote:
>> I've attached a proposed patch for configure.in

> The bug reporting form has word-wrapped my patch - I'm attaching a
> correct version.

Hmmm ... I'd be happier with this patch if it reversed the order of the
library probes (ie, try the nonstandard names first), as then it would
obviously not break any configurations that worked before. Would that
be OK from your point of view, or not?

Also, the syntax looks wrong --- shouldn't the new calls be
AC_SEARCH_LIBS?